1. How does it work? We put an antenna on your roof and run a cable down to your computer. We can either connect you by USB or network. With a hub or router you can hookup multiple computers. We then send your signal back to our base and connect you to the internet.
2. How quickly can you install the service? Usually within days of your call.
3. What kind of software do you need to use your service? None. You can even keep your AOL!
4. What kind of restrictions do you have on your service? The economy service does not allow hosting or servers. The other services allow hosting.
5. What kind of ip address do you offer? We offer static ip addresses.
6. Aren't dynamic ip addresses more secure? No! Many people think that by having an address that changes you are more secure. This is not true. Any time your computer is connected to the internet you can get infected or hacked. We recommend personal firewall software like Zone Alarm.
7. How does your service compare to satellite? Our economy service is as fast as satellite on average, however due to the nature of satellite it takes longer for the signal to travel from your computer to the satellite and back to earth.
8. How does your service compare to cable? We can typically install faster and provide better average speeds. In addition we are not some big uncaring cable company who is more interested in it's bottom line then providing you good service. In addition our premium level of service allows you to host. We also offer static ip.
9. How does your service compare to DSL? We provide a faster installation time and better service levels for the money. In addition we offer static ip and better customer service.